CR SERIES CORROSION RESISTANT AIR CYLINDERS by American Cylinders
Manufacturer: American Cylinders
- STAINLESS STEEL BODY: Type 304 Stainless Steel manufactured to special mill specifications and tolerances to insure a long cylinder life.
- STAINLESS STEEL ROD: Ground & Polished Type 303 Stainless Steel rods are standard on the Stainless Steel Series. All rods have wrench flats and stress relief grooves.
- PISTON ROD ASSEMBLY: Piston Rods are threaded, anaerobically sealed, and machine staked into the piston for triple protection.
- END CAPS, ROD GUIDE, PISTON & REAR HEAD: Delrin * acetal resin developed by DuPont is a crystalline thermoplastic co-polymer made by the polymerization of formaldehyde.
- SPRINGS: Springs for spring action cylinders are made from stainless steel and designed for millions of cycles. Special spring forces are available upon request.
- BUNA-N U-CUP ROD & PISTON SEALS: U-Cup seals provide low breakaway friction and maximize cylinder life expectancy. Standard Buna-N seals are recommended for operating temperatures of -20oF (-25oC) to 200oF (95oC). Fluoroelastomer & FDA approved seals are available for chemical compatibility and/or food processing applications.
- ROD SEAL: Precision machined rod seal groove provides a smooth sealing surface while positively retaining the seal without requiring additional components and relying on press fit containment.
- WEIGHT: Piston, front, and rear caps made of Delrin * produces a light weight cylinder.
- DESIGN: CR® air cylinders are designed to withstand exposure to a wide range of moisture, lubricants and solvents.
- TEMPERATURE: Ambient temperature recommended 40oF to 160oF