Numatics R Series Rack and Pinion Style Rotary Actuator by Numatics Actuators and Motion Control
Manufacturer: Numatics Actuators and Motion Control
The Numatics R Series is a heavy-duty rack and pinion-style rotary actuator that is designed to excel in the most rigid applications. The R Series includes a high torque-to-size ratio as well as accurate positioning.
- Meets NFPA specifications
- Bore sizes from 1-1/2" through 6" (8" through 14" are Large Bore A Series)
- Piston rod diameters from 5/8" to 1-3/4" (1-3/8" through 2-1/2" for Large Bore A Series)
- Nominal pressure rating is 250 psi air
- Standard temperature -10 °F to 165° F(-23° C to 74° C)
- NPTF ports
- Flexible port and cushion location
- A multitude of mounting options
- The file hard (60 RC) high strength aluminum alloy tube provides a smooth corrosion-free sealing surface and excellent abrasion resistance
- Head and cap are machined from (6061-T6) solid aluminum bar and anodized for corrosion resistance. A recess at the piston mating surface allows the air to work on a larger effective piston area for a faster breakaway
- The longer cast iron rod bushing provides maximum load-bearing support. The graphite-filled material offers the best bearing surface with hard chrome plated piston rod.
- The carboxylated nitrite with Teflon compound is used in the rod seal. The rounded lip design ensures proper sealing and long life for no lube added service.
- Rod wiper construction is a highly durable polyurethane.
- High strength steel (100,000 psi minimum yield) piston rod has a ground, polished and hard chrome plated surface providing maximum life of bushing and seals.
- The bushing retainer allows cartridge removal without disassembly.
- Tie rods are 100,000 psi minimum yield steel for maximum holding power. Tie rod threads are rolled for strength and engagement.
- The extra-wide wear band is located at the furthest point from the rod bushing to support maximum loading.
- The solid aluminum alloy piston is strong and lightweight.
- The floating cushion design gives the fastest stroke reversal possible by providing instantaneous full flow to the piston. Each cushion has a flush, retained adjustment needle.
- The tube seals are compression type and reusable.
- The improved port design allows the increased flow rate