STAINLESS STEEL BODY AIR CYLINDERS by American Cylinders
Manufacturer: American Cylinders
- STAINLESS STEEL BODY: Type 304 Stainless Steel manufactured to special mill specifications and tolerances to insure a long cylinder life.
- STAINLESS STEEL ROD: Ground & Polished Type 303 Stainless Steel rods are standard. All rods 1/4" diameter and larger have wrench flats and stress relief grooves.
- PISTON ROD ASSEMBLY: Piston Rods are threaded, anaerobically sealed, and machine staked into the piston for triple protection.
- END CAPS & PISTON: High strength aluminum alloy.
- MAGNET FOR SENSING SWITCH ACTUATION: Optional, refer to American Cylinder's MFC® Series catalog for details.
- SPRINGS: Springs for spring action cylinders are made from music wire and designed for millions of cycles. Special spring forces are available upon request.
- ROD GUIDE BUSHING: Standard on all models. The oil impregnated sintered bronze bushing increases the life of the cylinder rod and provides a non-abrasive bearing surface.
- BUNA-N U-CUP ROD & PISTON SEALS: U-Cup seals provide low breakaway friction and maximize cylinder life expectancy. Standard Buna-N seals are recommended for operating temperatures of -20oF (-25oC) to 200oF (95oC). Fluoroelastomer seals are available for higher temperature applications.
- PIVOT PIN/PIVOT BUSHING: Stainless Steel Series cylinders are shipped with plated steel pivot pins as standard. Sintered bronze pivot bushings are available as an alternative standard option. (5/16", 1-3/4" and 2" bores supplied with pivot bushings only.)
- ROD SEAL: Precision machined rod seal groove provides a smooth sealing surface while positively retaining the seal without requiring additional components and relying on press fit containment.